Monday, September 11, 2017

Card Design: Limited Runs Progressive Challenge ... Aug./Sept.

Limited Runs Badge

Hey folks! I'm here today to post my card for this month's Progressive Challenge over at Limited Runs!

The Progressive Challenge is actually on Facebook (FB) in the Limited Runs Group and can be found HERE. You will need to join the group in order to access the information. Now thankfully, Nikki is willing to accept mailed in entries for those people like me who don't have FB accounts. You can find her email addy in the side bar of the store (click on the image above to head there). In fact, if you don't have a blog, that is okay too. Simply send a photo and she'll add you in.

Check out the fun image that we got to work with this month...


If you'd like to purchase this image you can find it over in the Limited Runs Store on a special page that will showcase all the Progressive Challenge images. Click HERE to head there now. The Christmas Tree Light Bulb image is available until September 13th at 12:00 a.m. for $1.00, then it will go up to its regular price.


Each round of Progressive Challenges will last for three months and there will be a grand prize winner at the end of each round.

Each  Round Lasts 1 Month:
Starts on the 15th and ends on the 13th with a winner

1st Round***right now: 
Free Digi (Lightbulb) until the 29th of the month. Then you can buy into the challenge for $1.00

2nd Round***starts Sept. 15th: 
Free Digi (if you played Round 1 & entered) or you can buy into the challenge for $1.00 

3rd Round***starts Oct 15th: 
Free Digi ( if you played Round 2 & entered) or you can buy into the challenge for $1.00


As you can see from the above, we are currently in the 1st round of this stage.


Here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:

General Info:
  • This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date. 
  • I have cased a card from Tracy MacDonald that I saw over at Art Impressions Stamps a few years ago.

FRONT

Digital Image Details:
  • Christmas Tree Light Bulb: You can find this image in the store. Details above.
  • This image was coloured digitally using my Photoshop Elements program. Additional Credits include:
    • I have used a layer style on the top of the bulb. This style is courtesy of Scaps Statchoo (blog no longer available).
    • I have also used a layer style on the ornaments. This style was designed by Heather of HG Designs
    • I have also used a layer style to give the bulb itself a bit of a glass look though it is very subtle. This style was designed by Lost in Thought (Deviantart).

Digital Sentiment Details:
  • The word art creation was created by Paulette from Create with TLC. It is a freebie I picked up a while back. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store. It has been recoloured for the purposes of this design.

Digital Embellishment Details: 
  • The banner was created using a brush designed by Heather of HG Designs. It is paper pieced with a paper from my Yuletide Textures Kit (details below).
  • The button is from the General Accessories section of my Tag Grab Bag 1: Cotton Candy Collection Kit available for purchase in the Scribbles Designs store. You can find it HERE.
  • The bow is from the Brads, Buttons & Bows section of my A Taste of Summer Kit available for purchase in the Scribbles Designs store. You can find it HERE.


INSIDE 

Digital Sentiment Details:
  • The sentiment is one of own that I created a long time ago as a 'Holiday Handout' (before I started the 12 Days of Christmas). You can find it on my blog for FREE by clicking HERE. I have altered the colours slightly to match the colours of my project.

OVERALL
Digital Paper Products:
  • The green paper used in the background, along with the grey-bluish colour used to paper piece the banner shape, are both from my Yuletide Textures Kit.
 
  • The bokeh paper on the front is from my Bokeh Multicolour Set 1 Kit.
  • The lightbulb paper is from my An Eclectic Christmas 2 Kit.

Digital Embellishments:
  • I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the sentiment on the inside. 
  • I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.

Challenges I am entering...

Challenges I am hoping to enter..

Be sure to pop over to the Facebook Group to find out all the details you need or visit the details page over at the store by clicking HERE.

Take care my friends and I hope to see you all again soon!

Until next time,

Psst...
For those of you who follow my 12 Days of Christmas each year, you're going to want to pay attention to this image as it is going to possibly feature in one of the clues...

2 comments:

Lisa Lynn said...

Lisa, your card is beautiful. Love the inside and out.

Tlc Creations said...

Beautiful card, and love the layout.

Paulette