Hey folks! I'm here today to announce the next challenge over at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. This time around for Challenge #137, the theme is Anything Goes. This is definitely a popular theme as the floor is wide open; so, I hope that you'll find time to join us! I've decided to work on replenishing my birthday card stash. What will you choose to make? Do you need to make some birthday cards of your own or are you behind in your Christmas stash? Is there someone who could use a little pick me up or is there someone you should be thanking? Whatever you choose, we'd love to see what you make!
Here is my card, I hope that I haven't forgotten any important details:
- This card has been created 100% digitally and then layered in a Mock Up (courtesy of Frisk Shop). I will print it out and assemble it a later date.
- Go figure but I'm often inspired by the cards at Inspired By Stamping. 😉 The particular card I am casing was created by IBS team member Jo Herbert and is available in the July 7th newsletter. If you have the chance, pop by the site and sign up to receive the newsletter. There is tons of inspiration and generally a freebie available at least once a month if not more!
Digital Image Details:
- Butterfly 3: Such a pretty butterfly. I've used it before and I'm sure I'll use it again as it is so versatile. You can find the image in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the name or watermark linked below.
- This image has been coloured in digitally in Photoshop Elements.
- Butterfly 1: Another beautiful butterfly. It can also be found in Pattie's Etsy shop by clicking on the name or watermark linked below.
- This image has also been coloured in digitally in Photoshop Elements.
- The little butterflies are custom shapes from Photoshop Elements.
- The stitches around the edge are freebies I picked up at HG Designs.
- The pennant shape under the upper sentiment was created using a brush, also courtesy of HG Designs.
Digital Image Details:
- Butterfly 1: I've repeated the image on the inside. Details on this image are above.
Digital Paper Products:
- I've used a paper from my A Grungy Christmas set for the background on the inside of my card.
Digital Sentiment Details:
- The upper sentiment on the front, "There's no limit…", along with the sentiment on the inside, were both created by Paulette from Create with TLC. Each are freebies I picked up a while back. For great freebies and inspiration be sure to click HERE to go to Paulette's blog and for awesome sets for purchase, click HERE to go to the home page of the store. These sentiments have been recoloured to suit the purposes of this project.
- 'Happy Birthday' was added as text to the front.
- I have used basic shapes in Photoshop Elements to create matting in behind the image and the inside sentiment.
- I have applied shadow layer styles to give certain elements some depth. These styles were designed by Sheila Reid, Pixel Scrapper.
Challenges I am hoping to enter...
- http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.ca/ (5E)-- Anything Goes
- http://craftingfromtheheartchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://inspirationdestinationchallengeblog.blogspot.ca/ -- Always Anything Goes
- http://craftycreationschallenges.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- http://thepapershelter.blogspot.ca/ -- Anything Goes
- yourscrapbookplace.blogspot.com -- Always Anything Goes
You have until Aug 31st to enter our challenge which should give you lots of time to get a creation done. Remember the theme is Anything Goes. I really hope that you will be able to join us. You can enter twice per challenge and of course MUST follow all the challenge requirements that are posted for each challenge (please click HERE to become familiar with all the rules). In addition to all the typical criterion, you MUST USE A DIGITAL OR STAMPED IMAGE to qualify for the drawing (unless stated otherwise). We would absolutely love to see you use a Pattie's Creations (PC) image on your card, but you are allowed to use other images. If you do use a PC image, you will gain an extra entry in the draw and will have a better chance to WIN! Easy Peasy right?!
Pop over to the challenge blog and check out what my fabulous teammates have offered up for inspiration. Oh and don't forget…Pattie offers up a new freebie the first Friday of the month and it will remain up for approximately two weeks; so, be sure to pop over and check it out as well!
Well guys, that is it for this one. Hopefully I will see you all very soon. I still have a card AND a freebie I need to post to my personal blog. Maybe I'll get around to it next week--fingers crossed anyway.
Until next time,